Sunday, June 5, 2011

Trip and the USA

Yes i'm in the USA for the season. and no i didnt spell check this....

I'm lucky to have made this trip... ( well i think so anyway )
IM China got cancelled . had to change all my trips.. what a pain.... then i got a flight to the USA via Hongkong and it was the flight from hell..... The most turbulent flight i have ever been on.... I was freaking out... I started holding the dudes hand next to me .... he had been in the military for 19 years .. So i don't think he was too happy about it .. haha... quite funny in hind sight.

Obviously i lived though it ... on my connecting flight i just happened to be sitting next to one of the flight attendants from the HongKong flight... very random and i told her i was freaking out... She then said it was the worst flight she'd been on in 45 years of international flying and she and the crew were freaking too... WTF.... now i'm really scared of flying..... apparently the pilots weren't to worried.....APPARENTLY!!! So all and all .. im stoked to be here and to be alive... alive it good....

I landed in Seattle and spent two days with the awesome team at blueseventy.
the met my lovely lady " Kate" at Seattle Airport with her family in tow. From there we came to Boise for one night before shipping off to McCall for a bit of tourism ... This place is awesome..... but it's bloody cold..... i was running in the morning past piles of snow.. thinking this is colder than a Perth/ Aussie Winter... once again WTF..... haha... no really it was beautiful and awesome...

here are a few shots i got along the way..

kate and i In McCall



Beautiful " COLD" McCall



A Random HUGE dog that decided he wanted a lift



Tamarack Ski Resort.. most houses were in the millions of dollars before the GCC . Now the ski resort has gone bust and the houses are a fair bit cheaper!!! OUCH



YEAH i ate that... yeah 5 million calories in my body!!! awesome



Went for a 20 second swim in 6 degree water... Can any-one say SHRINKAGE !!! ( video to come )



A rad Bike store in Boise were i picked up my sick new ride.... Don't worry IAN.... my Ceepo is still number one...i don't think you'd want me to put Ceepo stickers on this would you? 10k of bike VS $30 of bike...






Now Kate and i are alone the family is in route back to Australia as i type. ( we'll miss you ) and everything is quiet.... Routine is setting in but not for long. Both Kate and i are racing 70.3 Boise next weekend. So it's time to do some training and hope the travel hasn't hurt the body to much

Until the next episode of my life... Hopefully i won't have to write about turbulence again. .... Freaks me OUT!!

Guy / Beaker / Pocketman / Captain Awesome / Chuck Norris

No comments:

Post a Comment