Sunday, April 3, 2011

Singapore 70.3















Well its that time.
Lets cut to the chase..
Singapore was not the race I was hoping to kick off my 2011 season.
But we train, we race and we learn…
Travelling to Singapore and spending a few days looking round pre race was great. It was kind of relaxing me….but at the same time I had a lot of nervous energy… So race day couldn’t come round quick enough…



Finally race day rolled around and it was time to go.
Guns goes off :
My swim 9 times out of 10 will get me in the lead group… but as it turns out this was that 10th race and I had a shocker…. Loosing Faris’s feet at about 500metres and swimming at warm up pace for the remainder of the race… really not sure why I couldn’t push any harder.. ( getting soft in my old age perhaps )
Onto the bike and we had a great group including James Cunnma and Scott Nedeyli .. We rode well together to rejoin the lead group just before half way through the bike. Coming off the bike we were in a huge group and it was time to run like a scorched cat…. Unfortunately for me I ran like a beached whale…Slowly. I wanted to run faster but I was deep in struggle street trying to survive….At the end of the day I did survive and finished in 12th with a time of 4:09… Not my best result to date. I did manage to take the fastest bike split of the day so it wasn’t all bad.


Picture below Of me smiling pre race... the smile that was soon to vanish



Still Busselton 70.3 is just round the corner and I’ll be hoping to redeem myself.
Singapore is a great place. You don’t have to leave the air conditioning.. as there are under ground tunnels, trains and plaza’s. If you fancy shopping, Singapore is the place for you..
If you fancy a drink , it’s expensive.. they do have some very cool, unique bars and pubs, but you pay for the experience.
Post race Kate and I ventured out to Sentosa and Universal studio’s where we had a great time riding rollar coasters…( you get wet on some of them… take spare clothes… I didn’t , it was a bad choice ) chilling on the beach… trying to stop monkeys from stealing my shinny stuff….





All and all i had a great trip , but a very average race.
Untill the next time

Guy

Kates mum, Kate and me

No comments:

Post a Comment