Sunday, April 3, 2011

Western Australian 80 K TT Champs

This morning was the WA 80k TT champs...
I was kind of looking forward to this , I've been riding well in training and in most races.. So i thought I'd be able to have a reasonable day if the body decided to play along...
The joys of being a triathlete is you are never tapered for these events. Saturday was long run day, so you always go into these races a bit cooked..." time to roll the dice and hope the body has an ok day"

With two time Olympian Matt Illingworth starting , I was hoping 1) to have him not lap me and 2) ride close to or just under 2 hours

The conditions weren't to bad, a bit windy on a rolling course with a cool temperature ( for Perth ).

My body decided to play along today and i could get a fair amount out of myself...
I think it was the pre race chat i had with myself. I told my body if it didn't play along i was going to throw myself off my bike at 60kph into a ditch....lucky it listened....

With my slick Rolf Prima wheels ( see picture ) i managed a 1:59:29



RESULTS

1st Matt Illingworth 1:51:16
2nd Tim Roberts 1:58:34
3rd Guy Crawford 1:59:29
4th Troy Coulthard 2:00:33
5th Scott Neyedli 2:00:35
6th Brynt McSwain 2:01:32
7th Cam Berg 2:01:34
8th Nathan Jones 2:02:02
9th Paul Taseff 2:02:42
10th Chris Roberts 2:02:45

No comments:

Post a Comment