Friday, December 9, 2011

Busselton IM

Hey all

Well that was a tough tough tough and tough day at the office.. easily the hardest day i have had...
I wasn't in great shape leadinginto the race.. infact i had been struggling a fair bit since the Soma Half...

not that i am making excuses.. BUT i am making excuses.. love me for me

that said However IM is a long day and you never know whats going to happen.

Morning conditions looked pretty good. However the wind did start picking up and created a bit of chop on the water and bit of wind on the bike.



We were lucky enough to get introduced into the water with a song of our choosing...
I love music and have about 8 billion favorites.. so i chose a song i had recently listened to ..Billy Idol and "dancing with myself" a real crowd pleaser..

Anyway a quick kiss with Kate , then Boom the gun went off... i swam really comfortably and came out in 4th position, swimming with a good friend Dion Harrison
Good news for blueseventy , we had the first 4 men out of the water. Clayton fettel, Luke Mckenzie, Dion Harrison and then myself.




Onto the bike and the pace was steady/hard but not crazy... which i was quite happy about...
We keep it honest and with the new 12 metre rule if you didnt have the legs you would soon pop off the back..

I rode with the lead group until the 150k mark and then blew up... Not having enough miles in the legs really shows when you are riding with some of the best men in the world...I
came off the bike 2 mins down with Mitch Anderson..




now it was time to get on the run and let the suffering begin..
As soon as i started to run i knew there was going to be alot of pain.. however i hoped to have a few up and down patches ...
But there was only one patch and that patch was long and bad....

i still managed a few smiles




however as things progress and i feasted on a banquet of pain... the happy smile turned into tears...

I do like these photo's they resemble exactly the way i felt..... "wear my heart on my sleeve "

look at my pace.. FAST




All and all it was a rough day , but a good day to struggle through... If 9:10 is what i do at my worst.....I am very excited to see what i can do at my best.
Next up is IM NZ....

From here i will have a little break , then focus on some hard training and a few hit out races in Perth before heading home for Ironman New Zealand..

I'm excited to be part of such an awesome sport and stoked to know i can improve loads form here.

But for now it's time to have a beer and put up the christmas tree...

Thanks every-one. Happy training or off season..


Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment